Yet knowing this fact is good for me. It makes me cherish those other 2%, that are actually interesting and cool. And yes, I’m sure someone out there thinks douchebags are interesting and cool, and they probably think I’m the idiot, but that’s their business, not mine.
My friends are awesome people. And not just because they’re friends with me! If tomorrow rolled around and they all decided to ditch me as a friend, and someone asked me about them, I’d be like “Those peeps are like more radical than a robot unicorn ice cream dispenser! Also I’m very lonely.” And so, seeing as lists seem to be the big thing in the way of blogs these days (and because I’m trying to write everyday yet don’t feel motivated on any larger projects), here is a list of why my friends rock.
- They’re hilarious. These people know how to make me laugh, and understand when something is meant in the spirit of humor. I don’t worry about offending any of them, cause I know they will get it.
- They’re creative. I value creativity so highly, and what people create tells you a lot about them as well. When they tie it in with something else, it becomes all the better. Like my friend Katrina Bettencourt who made this. In MS Paint. In like 2 hours. Words cannot describe this level of awesome. You don’t have to be artistic to be creative, either. You can be that person that comes up with fun stuff to do, or have original things to say in a conversation. It takes a lot of forms.
- They care. So many people don’t care. Like that kid who jay walks in front of you at about one eighth normal walking speed while playing games on that $600 smartphone his dad (who he probably “hates”) bought him, or anyone who doesn’t want to be around you when you aren’t having an on day. If I am in need, or just feeling low (which, surprise surprise, happens), I know they will be there for me, because they want to be, because they care.
- They’re genuine. Blah blah blah, here is Cameron blabbering about people being genuine again. So important to me though. These people say what they mean, and are just themselves.
- They call me out. I’ll admit it, I do stupid things. I say stupid things. Sometimes, I’m just stupid! It is important to have people who don’t let you do it all the time. If they did, I’d be stupid all the time. Cause being stupid is easy!
- They don’t tell me my business! The fine line between five and six is whose business it really is. Someone might think something I do is wrong, but if it is what I want to do, and important to me, they can acknowledge that their opinion has been heard and it isn’t their business anymore. They don’t belittle or undermine what I think is important, real, or awesome. Don’t ever let anyone tell you your business!
You have so much love surrounding you. I'm honored to call you my friend.
ReplyDelete